Intermediate Quality Assurance Engineer
Tradify is a real Kiwi technology success story – more than 11,000 tradies around the world depend on us to help them succeed in their business and life goals. We are at an exciting stage of company growth where we are searching for new talent who are going to buzz off of seeing the tangible impact of their work in the progression and evolution of Tradify. Customer success is at the heart of what we do, and we're doing a pretty great job so far - Tradies have rated Tradify as one of the top small business apps in Xero's marketplace, and we're beating our own growth records every month.
We work hard but take the time to celebrate wins, we're willing to go the distance for a product we believe in and we know what it takes to succeed as a high-growth business. This means a good balance between flexibility and a commitment to getting the job done when something urgent pops up. We're proud to be working hard on great and innovative ways to help tradies succeed each and every day, and you will need to be too.
If you have a passion for QA and taking on the world (that means you’re passionate about becoming the best in the world at what you do!) then read on.
We are looking for an awesome person who will work alongside our QA team yet still take the initiative, utilising creativity and flexibility to add a huge amount of value in a very dynamic environment. You’ll be able to roll your sleeves up on day one and get stuck in, and over time continue to build out a comprehensive automated testing process.
The QA team take responsibility for ensuring the quality of the product, testing across all Tradify platforms, web and mobile for both live and in development stages. They will also create, document, implement and maintain test scripts for complex functionality in the Tradify websites and applications. This includes creating and maintaining automated testing rigs as well as manual testing.
You should be self-motivated, team oriented and should have excellent communication skills. Above all you should be passionate about the value that QA brings to a high-growth technology business like Tradify.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you’re the bomb.
Key Performance Indicators
- Reliable error-free, high-performance releases.
- Ensuring that testing results in efficient delivery of work packages on time and to specification.
- A strong, robust and super-fast platform that scales to meet the demands of users around the world.
The QA Engineer will be responsible for automated testing and manual testing, tracking changes and quality issues across. They will work closely with the QA Manager, CTO, Product Team and Engineers to build a collaborative feedback loop for engineering activity.
- Test sites and applications for functional, cross-browser, performance and usability defects.
- Communicate and document user experience interactions and use cases in test plans.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using Specflow, Selenium, Webdriver and any appropriate tools.
- Provide time estimates to assist in project scheduling to account for QA in project executions.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet business needs
- Communicate throughout project execution with developers and other QAs using video conferencing, instant messaging, and other collaboration tools.
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Take complete ownership of QA processes and tooling.
- Provide second tier analysis to assist support team reproduce and diagnose production issues.
Skills and expertise:
- Proven technology experience, in development or QA of web-based systems and sites.
- Experience with tracking tools, such as FogBugz, Jira, Bugzilla, and Trac.
- Strong understanding of web technology and components, including HTTP, and web services
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both creative and technical partners
- Proven work experience in software development with C#.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience in test automation tools like Specflow, Selenium, Charles, Fiddler, Postman and Web Driver.
- Experience in CI/CD tools and processes.
Interested and want to know more? Get in touch with your CV and cover letter by email at email@example.com