Good news for Sage Business Cloud Accounting users — Tradify and Sage sync together seamlessly!
Sage users can streamline their accounting by enabling Sage integration in their Tradify account. Sync invoices, bills, payments, suppliers & customers directly to Sage from Tradify. Linking Tradify with your accounting software will reduce the chances of human error caused by manual double-entry, as well as cut down on admin time.
An accounting system is usually the first piece of software that a trade business owner invests in. Anything to make dealing with finances and tax time easier! So why not extend this efficiency across your whole business? Tradify handles enquiries, quotes, job tracking, staff management, and more. Run your business with Tradify while your accounts sync up with Sage.
Skip ahead to:
Using something other than Sage? Tradify also integrates with:
How does this help me?
When it comes to sorting out business finances, accounting software is a must-have tool — but it’s not the best tool for the day-to-day running of your trade business. Linking your accounting software to a job management app like Tradify lets you run every part of your daily business from one platform, without having to manually input the data into your accounting software as well.
- Bills, payments, and invoices can now be imported from Sage into Tradify’s reports to help you understand your true cash flow.
- Manage suppliers & customers by syncing contacts between Sage and Tradify. Changes you make to customer information in Tradify will automatically update in Sage.
- Get real data by connecting Sage with Tradify — it won't change any Sage data unless you tell it to.
- Create Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) compatible invoices and send them straight through to Sage.
VAT reverse charge with Tradify & Sage
To utilise the Reverse VAT function with your Tradify-Sage integration, you'll first need to enable Reverse VAT in your Sage account. To achieve this (and to learn more about Reverse VAT), read this article.
Enabling Reverse VAT for a customer
When creating a new invoice, Tradify will first check to see if the customer has Reverse VAT enabled in Sage. If they do, the customer record in Tradify will be updated to match (as show below).
To learn about invoicing customers with VAT reverse charges, read our Reverse VAT & Sage help article.
CIS with Tradify & Sage
To use the CIS function with Tradify and Sage, first you'll need to enable CIS in your Sage account.
Connecting Sage to Tradify will help you manage number of CIS requirements, including:
- Mapping CIS Account Codes
- Viewing your CIS VAT Settings
- Creating Invoices with CIS
- Creating Bills with CIS
Sage requirements & details
Different Sage plans allow for different features and access. This may affect integration with Tradify. Check if your Sage Business Cloud Accounting plan is supported below:
- Start - not supported due to Sage feature restrictions
- Standard - fully supported
- Plus - fully supported
Getting two different systems to talk to each other is complicated. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when integrating Tradify and Sage.
- User access - In order to be able to integrate the two platforms, you must have full access permissions within your Sage account.
- Postal Addresses - Please ensure your contacts in Tradify have a valid postal address. If you try and post an invoice for a customer who doesn't have a postal address, an error message will appear.
- Decimal rounding - Sage only supports rounding to 2 decimal places, whereas, Tradify supports rounding to 4 decimals. Due to this, you may encounter small rounding discrepancies when comparing the invoice totals between the two platforms.
- Non VAT/Tax registered - For customers who are not VAT/Tax registered, Sage will only accept line item tax rates of 0%.