The best strong phone cases for tradespeople
As a tradesperson, there’s no such thing as 9-5 and there’s certainly no cushy air-conditioned office. You’re on the tools and often outside come rain, hail or shine. You work in challenging conditions, environments where light may be restricted, and you’re often surrounded by dust and water. Because of this, your tools – including your mobile phone – take a beating.
With the rugged phone market taking over the trade industry, certain phones are being built to withstand even the roughest conditions. But if that’s not your thing, and you don’t want to part with your beloved iPhone or Android, a strong and sturdy phone case is what you need to save the day.
We’ve searched the market so you don’t have to. All in the search for the top strong phone cases for tradespeople based on their water, dust, and shock resistance. These options provide the best protection money can buy, so you never have to worry about your phone at work again.
First, buy a glass screen protector
First you’ll need to protect the most important part of your phone – the screen. A screen protector will help to prevent scratches, which is a likely scenario for a tradesperson surrounded by sharp tools and abrasive materials.
It’ll also give your phone greater protection and chance of survival if it’s dropped. A glass screen protector (not plastic) combined with a tough phone case, will keep your phone 100% trade-proof.
You can buy a glass screen protector from any shop that sells phones and electronic goods, or just search online for ‘glass screen protector’ + your phone model.
Leading the way in phone case technology and design, US-company Otterbox produces a huge range of phone cases for a variety of iPhone and Android phones – each equipped to withstand the toughest environments. If you buy an Otterbox phone case directly from their website, you also have the option to personalise or build your own case – the perfect partner to keep your smartphone looking sleek.
Buy Otterbox phone cases in UK
- Shop the full range at the UK online store.
- Depending on the model and brand of your phone, prices vary significantly, but they offer free shipping on orders over £29.
- You can also buy an Otterbox case from Amazon. They offer various price points for different models.
Buy Otterbox phone cases in New Zealand
- Harvey Norman stocks a huge range of Otterbox phone cases, with plenty of options for iPhone and Samsung users. You can also find the Otterbox range at Noel Leeming.
- Prices range from $35 to $89.95.
Buy Otterbox phone cases in Australia
- Shop the full range at the Australian online store and you’ll receive free shipping with every purchase.
- Prices range from $96.90 to $116.90.
One of the most recognisable strong phone cases on the market – and for good reason. Lifeproof is the top-selling waterproof case in the US since 2017, and they’re globally recognised as being a trusty accessory for tradespeople. They have a wide range of cases for iPhone, Samsung and Google phone users.
Buy Lifeproof phone cases in UK
- You can shop the full range online at Lifeproof UK – they offer free shipping on all orders.
- Prices vary between £10 and £84.
Buy Lifeproof phone cases in Australia
- You can shop the full range online at Lifeproof Australia – and you’ll get free shipping on every order.
- Prices go from $59.95 to $109.95.
Buy Lifeproof phone cases in New Zealand
- You can shop the full range online at Lifeproof Australia – they offer shipping to New Zealand.
- Prices depend on the make and model of your phone – between $60 and $110.
Canadian company Pelican designs and makes products that protect what you value most – including your phone. They make phone cases for a huge range of phones – iPhone, Samsung, LG and Pixel and more. They currently only ship directly to customers in Canada, but they have stockists worldwide.
Buy Pelican phone cases in UK
Buy Pelican phone cases in Australia
- Case store stocks a large range of Pelican cases, with price depending on the make and model of your phone.
Buy Pelican phone cases in New Zealand
- Noel Leeming stocks a selection of the Pelican range.
- Prices vary between $64.99 and $100.99.
Designed in New York City at the Brooklyn Army Terminal, Ghostek combines technology and design to create phone cases with the customer in mind. Their range boasts some of the best features on the market – shock-proof, water-proof, heavy-duty, military-grade and ultra-protective, just to name a few. Plus, they offer a lifetime warranty on all their cases.
Buy Ghostek phone cases in UK
- In Touch Telecoms is an official distributor of Ghostek products in the UK which means you can shop a huge range of the products through their website.
- Prices go from £14.95 to £38.95.
Buy Ghostek phone cases in Australia
- There is no official distributor in Australia but their products are stocked on eBay, Amazon and punkcase.
Buy Ghostek phone cases in New Zealand
- There is no official distributor of Ghostek products in New Zealand, but we found a few of their cases on Mobile Fun and punkcase.
- Prices average around $75.
US brand Scooch claims to have produced “the world’s most ingenious phone case”. They cater to Apple and Samsung users with a wide range of cases to suit every phone.
Buy Scooch phone cases in UK
- Amazon stocks a large range of Scooch products.
- Prices go from £6.60 to £43.73.
Buy Scooch phone cases in Australia
- You can shop a wide range of Scooch products through Amazon Australia.
- Prices go from $10 to $79, depending on the make and model of your phone.
Buy Scooch phone cases in New Zealand
- You can shop a wide range of Scooch products through Amazon Australia – who ship to New Zealand.
- Prices go from AU $10 to $79.
UK company Rhinoshield produces military-grade protective smartphone cases for every phone – Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Google, Sony, HTC and Huawei.
Buy Rhinoshield phone cases in New Zealand, Australia and the UK
- Rhinoshield offers worldwide shipping on all products.
- Price depends on your phone model but sits around £20 in the UK (with free shipping on all orders), and $40 (excluding shipping) in New Zealand and Australia.
Phone cases to take whatever you throw at them
Your phone is an integral part of your trade business – especially if you’re running your business with the Tradify app. If you’re not quite ready to invest in a rugged phone, and can’t face parting with your regular smartphone, then a tough phone case is what you need. Shockproof, waterproof and built to handle even the toughest of conditions – you really can’t afford to be a tradesperson without one.