Isn’t it great that electricians have so many choices when buying new gear and tools these days? Unfortunately, all these options can sometimes make it hard to find those top-tier brands you can rely on. We’ve searched high and low to find the absolute best brands for electricians in 7 main categories.
Take the guesswork out of your pricing with our free Charge Out Rate Calculator!
- 1. Best hand tool brand - Knipex
- 2. Best leather belts, bags, and pouches - Occidental Leather
- 3. Best one-stop electrical shop - Klein Tools
- 4. Best workwear brand - Blåkläder
- 5. Best fusebox brand - Fusebox
- 6. Best brand for switches and dimmers - Hamilton
- 7. Best software for electricians - Tradify
1. Best hand tool brand - Knipex
If you’re in the market for some premium electrical gear, then make sure not to overlook the basics. Knipex makes the absolute essential electrical tools, except, unlike a lot of the mainstream brands these days, they design them to last for decades.
2. Best leather belts, bags, and pouches - Occidental Leather
Having your tools organised and accessible is a non-negotiable when you’re onsite. Because of this, it’s always wise to have a quality belt, bag, and/or tool pouch with you at all times. This is where Occidental Leather really shines. Not only does the brand make incredibly functional and well-thought-out personal storage solutions for electricians, but they also design them to last for a lifetime. With their beautiful, high-quality leather construction, these are some of the best accessories any electrician can own.
3. Best one-stop electrical shop - Klein Tools
If you need a whole bunch of tools and gear, but don’t want to spend your valuable time visiting multiple stores to find any of it, then Klein Tools is the place for you. Here, you can find pretty much everything that any electrician could need. Clothing, tools, accessories — you name it, Klein Tools, makes it — and they make it well.
4. Best electrician’s workwear brand - Blåkläder
When you’re grinding through demanding onsite conditions every day, poor-quality work clothes can begin to fall apart pretty quickly. When this happens, it just creates yet another headache as you try to replace your gear before it completely gives up the ghost. If you invest in Blåkläder’s workwear, the likelihood of you experiencing this issue will become a lot, lot lower. Their workwear is made to be tough as nails without sacrificing comfort, mobility, functionality, or style.
5. The best fusebox - Fusebox
Fusebox has generated a lot of hype over the years, and for a good reason — their fuseboxes are on-par with the best of the best, without the hefty price tag.
6. The best brand for switches and dimmers - Hamilton
If there's one thing that customers expect from their electricians at the absolute bare minimum, it's working light switches. But the fact of the matter is, if you don't choose a good-quality, dependable brand, then it's possible you won't meet this expectation. That'll never be an issue if you use Hamilton switches and dimmers. Their products are designed to last and, consequently, keep your reputation intact.
7. Best software brand for electricians - Tradify
If you own an electrical business, chances are you’ve experienced how stressful and time-consuming it can be to deal with a pile of paperwork. Between creating quotes and invoices, managing subcontractors, or scheduling jobs — it’s a wonder there’s ever any time left in the day to get behind the tools.
This is where Tradify can be a total life-changer. The software streamlines all the admin in your business, brings it into the cloud, and automates certain processes to save you time and get you back to doing what you love.
- Quoting and estimating - create quotes and estimates quickly from any device — on-site, on the go, on the couch, or in the office.
- Invoicing - create professional-looking custom invoices quickly, so you can get paid faster.
- Scheduling - get a real-time view of project schedules, active jobs, and the locations of staff or subcontractors for real-time collaboration.
- Job tracking - keep track of time spent on jobs, organise work, and create individual tasks for your staff or subcontractors. Make team collaboration easier than ever before.
- Timesheets - create and submit digital timesheets, and use the live job timer to record hours and track time.
- Enquiries - respond to enquiries wherever you are and whenever you like.
- Automated payment reminders - automatically send follow-up emails for unpaid invoices and get paid faster.
- Subcontractor management - connect with subcontractors, organise jobs, and send or receive important job information.
- Creating an Instant Website - create a custom website tailored for your business and potential customers.